Can other animals suffer from BSE?
Yes, BSE can infect other animals as well as cows. Other species which can suffer from the disease include pigs, goats, mice, sheep and cats. In some cases however the disease can only be transferred by directly injecting infectious agent into the brain of another animal.
- What is BSE?
- What causes BSE?
- How does the disease progress?
- What are the symptoms of BSE?
- Is there a test for BSE?
- When did the BSE outbreak occur?
- What was the epidemic caused by?
- How is the disease transmitted?
- Where did BSE originate?
- What has the Government done to reduce the risk of BSE?
- Can other animals suffer from BSE?
- Can humans suffer from BSE?