What are the symptoms of BSE?
As the disease affects the brain, the symptoms are the gradual lack of mental and physical ability. In cows this degeneration of the brain results in an ability to stand or walk straight, and has therefore given rise to the common term ‘mad cow disease’. BSE ultimately results in death.
- What is BSE?
- What causes BSE?
- How does the disease progress?
- What are the symptoms of BSE?
- Is there a test for BSE?
- When did the BSE outbreak occur?
- What was the epidemic caused by?
- How is the disease transmitted?
- Where did BSE originate?
- What has the Government done to reduce the risk of BSE?
- Can other animals suffer from BSE?
- Can humans suffer from BSE?