Is there a test for BSE?
There is not currently a test for BSE which can be carried out on live cattle. Ordinarily the disease is confirmed after death, when the microscopic appearance of ‘holes’ in the brain can be seen and identified as BSE.
- What is BSE?
- What causes BSE?
- How does the disease progress?
- What are the symptoms of BSE?
- Is there a test for BSE?
- When did the BSE outbreak occur?
- What was the epidemic caused by?
- How is the disease transmitted?
- Where did BSE originate?
- What has the Government done to reduce the risk of BSE?
- Can other animals suffer from BSE?
- Can humans suffer from BSE?